Post by Brad-LaSpirits on Jun 1, 2007 9:45:43 GMT -5
1) The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.
2) Sharks are immune to cancer.
3) There is a city called Rome on every continent.
4) Human babies are born without knee caps.
5) Some ant species make slaves of others. Those in the subfamily Formicinae will go out and raid the nests of other species nearby, and steal their eggs and pupae. These are taken home, when the resulting young are raised as slaves, having to do all the foraging, cleaning and babysitting for their masters.
6) A Koala Bear sleeps 22 hours of every day.
7) Henry Ford, father of the Automobile, is also father of the charcoal briquette. Just remember that while you?re grilling this summer.
8) Tardigrades, the ultimate extremophile, is an eight-legged animal nicknamed water bears, and are the hardiest creatures on earth. They are capable of withstanding the most extreme environments by dehydrating and going into a state of frozen animation. They can withstand being boiled in water, thrown into pure alcohol, and a pressure of 600 mega-pascals (six times the pressure of sea-water at a depth of 10,000 metres). It is said that they can even survive being immersed in liquid helium, just 1C above absolute zero. This is the type of critter we?re likely to find on extreme planets.
9) Poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was the first American to have plumbing installed in his house, in 1840.
10) A cockroach will live nine days without its head, before it starves to death.